The october issues of Jeux Video and PSM2 France contain new details about the San Andreas gameplay. Jeux also released a few brand new screenshots!
In PSM2, the main focus was San Fierro:
- You are limited to a few combos at a time. It’s up to you to decide which you’ll learn and use.
- Each city has a few places where you can learn new moves and combos.
Los Santos -> Boxing
San Fierro -> Martial Arts
- The animation of attacks has improved greatly, and is much smoother than in Vice City.
- Aswell as swimming, CJ can ‘dive’.
- Some new info on the targeting system (Auto-aim):
A green crosshair is great. Yellow is more tricky and black is impossible to kill. For more precision, an FPS like system is available too.
- CJ can also use tactical “Solid Snake” moves to kill silently.
- The ‘quality’ of goods in clothing stores vary:
Binco -> Cheap clothing
Pro Laps -> Sports
SubUrban -> Fashion
The only thing mentioned in Jeux magazine was that there won’t be an Alcatraz in San Andreas
Upon proposal, the developers decided to abandon the idea of including Alcatraz [in San Andreas].
Jeux Video Magazine, France, October 2004