German gaming magazine GameStar has secured a world exclusive first look at the PC version of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas by travelling to Rockstar’s offices in NYC to preview the game. Their cover page preview consists of 8 pages and 12 screenshots of the never-before seen PC version. Having read through the preview, here is a summary.
- The draw distance is considerably higher in the PC version.
- Real reflections on buildings can be seen in a screenshot. Real reflections will also be visible on cars and shiny floors.
- The German version will be censored of blood, you also won’t be able to mug people for money.
- You can forget washed out textures from the PlayStation 2 version. The PC version will not be a 1:1 copy of the PS2 version, but a whole new graphical experience.
- It is not yet confirmed how the 2-player mode will work on the PC.
- The PC version will allow you to import your own MP3 for listening on the radio. You can even specify an MP3 folder on your hard disk, which the radio will play songs from between advertisements and DJ commentary.
- As of writing the preview, the game is 90% complete and ready to be released in June.
The preview is in the May issue of GameStar magazine and will be available on the 23rd of March in newsstands all over Germany. Pick up the magazine if you live in Germany and keep an eye on our San Andreas PC & Xbox forums. Thanks to our good friends at the german GTA fansite GTA Reactor.
Some of the screenshots from the preview have been scanned and posted in GTA Reactor’s news.