Judging from the current poll, interest in the Xbox version of GTA San Andreas is not as high as expected. Only 15% of answerers showed interest for purchasing the Xbox title, the percentage will undoubtedly change as the release date draws closer. I’d like to go over some basic details of the Xbox release.
- Release Date: 7th of June (US), 10th of June (EU).
- The conversion of the game to the Xbox platform is likely already complete.
- Highly probable Dolby 5.1 surround sound support.
- Custom MP3 soundtrack with joining radio commercials and weather bulletins.
- Highly improved graphics and gameplay experience.
Xbox gamers will probably be wishing for an Xbox Live component, just as the PC gamers will be hoping for at least a limited multiplayer mode. Unless Rockstar has one of the biggest surprises of the GTA series up their sleeve, it won’t be happening. Rockstar have repeatedly said that when they do a multiplayer GTA, they want to do it right. Hopefully they will take GTA to the next level with GTA4.
The Official Xbox Magazine will be doing a preview of the Xbox version of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas in an upcoming issue, stay tuned for more information on that. Our partner site PlanetGTA recently reported seeing a shortened version of the official trailer airing on TV, advertising the Xbox release. Expect the Xbox version to be a killer game and the next few weeks will be featuring a lot of San Andreas information!