GamePro Australia magazine has a new San Fierro preview with an overload of new information. Our source tells us there are no new screenshots, but here are the highlights:
- What you can steal and carry from home robberies depends on your physical fitness and strength you’ve accumulated in the gym.
- When selling stolen goods to the fence, you can negotiate the price.
- You can jack the tram in San Fierro. Known for a while
- There are ruins from the 1989 earthquake in San Fierro.
- The ‘Lombard Road’ and ‘Trans-America tower’ are in the game.
- When other pedestrians break the law, the police chases after them and helicopters can even get involved. You can get hurt from these chases and even die.
- You can talk to pedestrians with dialouge boxes ala RPG game.
- Climbing is said to be like in Tony Hawks Underground video game.
- The article hints toward stealing trains and skateboards in the game.
- The small town of Angel Pine is the size of two Vice City blocks.
- There does not seem to be a physical limit as to how high you can fly.
- Magazine editors flew for minutes in a straight line without seeing a town.
- CJ’s mobile will help you get back on track if you get lost. Not sure how this will function.
- The complete day (24 hours) finishes in 24 minutes. 1 minute = 1 hour in game.
- Health can be viewed in the stats menu.
- The average gamer playing the game straight through with a strategy guide would be playing for ~130-150hrs. Known and now confirmed again.
- It took the magazine editors 10 minutes in a plane and on the ground to find something once leaving Mount Chiliad.
- The main cities have airports with vehicles to drive.
- The necessity to eat will be displayed in either a bar on the screen or text appearing. It was undecided at the time of writing.
- Rockstar is still to decide wether the game will be open from the start or not.
- CJ can take part in underwater missions.
- If you got lost during a mission, your cell phone will ring, which will, hopefully put you in the right direction.
- You can fly upto three times higher than you could in Vice City.
- CJ can play basketball by himself, or challenge others.
- There is a motel at the top of Mount Chilliad.
On another note, we are being told that the Official Playstation 2 Magazine Australia has a new San Andreas preview. Nothing major, however one caption drew some attention:
|Rockstar is trying to make 50% of the buildings enterable.|
As to if that sounds like a realistic figure, it really is anyone’s guess.