GamePro Australia magazine has a new San Fierro preview with an overload of new information. Our source tells us there are no new screenshots, but here are the highlights:
- What you can steal and carry from home robberies depends on your physical fitness and strength you’ve accumulated in the gym.
- When selling stolen goods to the fence, you can negotiate the price.
- You can jack the tram in San Fierro. Known for a while
- There are ruins from the 1989 earthquake in San Fierro.
- The ‘Lombard Road’ and ‘Trans-America tower’ are in the game.
- When other pedestrians break the law, the police chases after them and helicopters can even get involved. You can get hurt from these chases and even die.
- You can talk to pedestrians with dialouge boxes ala RPG game.
- Climbing is said to be like in Tony Hawks Underground video game.
- The article hints toward stealing trains and skateboards in the game.
- The small town of Angel Pine is the size of two Vice City blocks.
- There does not seem to be a physical limit as to how high you can fly.
- Magazine editors flew for minutes in a straight line without seeing a town.
- CJ’s mobile will help you get back on track if you get lost. Not sure how this will function.
- The complete day (24 hours) finishes in 24 minutes. 1 minute = 1 hour in game.
- Health can be viewed in the stats menu.
- The average gamer playing the game straight through with a strategy guide would be playing for ~130-150hrs. Known and now confirmed again.
- It took the magazine editors 10 minutes in a plane and on the ground to find something once leaving Mount Chiliad.
- The main cities have airports with vehicles to drive.
- The necessity to eat will be displayed in either a bar on the screen or text appearing. It was undecided at the time of writing.
- Rockstar is still to decide wether the game will be open from the start or not.
- CJ can take part in underwater missions.
- If you got lost during a mission, your cell phone will ring, which will, hopefully put you in the right direction.
- You can fly upto three times higher than you could in Vice City.
- CJ can play basketball by himself, or challenge others.
- There is a motel at the top of Mount Chilliad.
Thanks to FiShMaStEr and his site GTACentral.net. Covers and scans will be available on the forums soon enough.
On another note, we are being told that the Official Playstation 2 Magazine Australia has a new San Andreas preview. Nothing major, however one caption drew some attention:
|Rockstar is trying to make 50% of the buildings enterable.|
As to if that sounds like a realistic figure, it really is anyone’s guess.